About the Department
Started in the year 1995, the department is offering B.E – ECE, M.E – Communication Systems and M.E – Embedded System Technologies. The UG course is accreditated twice in 2007 for THREE Years and in 2013 for FIVE Years by NBA. Well experienced and dynamic faculty imparts knowledge and skills to inculcate the professional responsibilities to play leadership role along their diverse career paths and develop capability to utilize innovative and creative engineering skills in industry, research centers, National Laboratories and entrepreneurship. The Department is striving to become a center of excellence in the field of Optical Communication, RF and Microwave Engineering, VLSI and Embedded Systems. The sincere effort of our faculty to motivate the students has produced remarkable achievements in Co-curricular and Extra-curricular activities.
The dedication of our Faculty and the keen interest exhibited by our students has produced a commendable academic record with university ranks every year including GOLD MEDAL in the 2007 – 2011 batch. We hold a privilege that even before their graduation, 80 – 90% of the students are placed and the remaining immediately after their graduation.
In order to inculcate R & D acumen among the students, the department faculty encourages the students to implement innovative ideas in their project works. Some of the awards winning projects are
- Vehicle Sentry 2020
- Control and Command Using Speech Recognition
- Mine Sweeping Robot
- Information Retrieval System
- Pre-Paid Digital Energy Meter Billing
- Virtual Keyboard For Visually Impair Alive Human Radiation Detection
- Remote Patient Monitoring System using Blue Tooth
- Voice Controlled Electrical Wheel Chair with Obstacle Detection
- Text Analyzing for Visually Impaired
- Blue ECG
- Warfield Communication Jammer Robot
- PIR Based Remote Integrated Security System
- Integrated ATM Security System
- 3dx2 Halography
- Stair Ferobot -Staircase Climbing Wheelchair with Home Automation
- PWM Based Electromagnetic Propulsion System
- Integrated Module to Measure Hardness of Foot using Embedded Systems
- Solar and Wind Operated Two Wheeler Drive
Association of ECE
The association is the pioneer in encouraging the students to organize and participate in the national level symposium. AECE- Association of Electronics and Communication Engineers in association with IETE and IEEE organizes national level technical symposium every year. This symposium attracts the student community from all over India. The students exhibit their talents in various mind provoking events. The other events organized by the association are International Conferences, National Conferences, Workshops, Seminars / Guest Lecturers on advanced topics.
IEEE – Institution of Electrical and Electronics Engineers is the world’s largest technical society which provides the latest information and the best technical resources to members worldwide. It is a magnet bringing all Electrical and Electronics Engineers together. IEEE releases a number of journals and magazines and majority are available in our central library. Online access of the publications is also available in our institution. The III, IV year and all PG students are members of IEEE.
IETE- Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers, is a leading professional society intended for the advancement of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers. It promotes and conducts basic engineering and continuing education programs for Human Resource Development. All students of ECE are members of IETE Students Forum -ISF.
Strength of the Department
- The infrastructure in the laboratory is as per norms. DSP Lab, VLSI Lab and ESD consist of systems with the highest configuration, connected with Internet.
- Well Established Lab with total investment crossing Rs.1.7 crores.
- Self-motivated, well-qualified and experienced teaching, non-teaching Faculty working as a team.
- Well experienced Professors with an average Industrial Experience of 35 Years.
- Continuous Institution Industry Interaction to help students to upgrade knowledge.